Lake District Weekender
Take a break from the rat race and join Cumbrian photography guru Nick Landells in and around Keswick and Derwent Water for a weekend of landscape, lagers and learning!
Derwentwater is fed by the River Derwent from high in the fells of Borrowdale, it has a long historical and literary background. The lake is very much a landscape of moods, varying from the dramatic waves splashing against Friar’s Crag when driven by southerly gales, to the absolute mirror calm of early mornings. To the north of the lake is Skiddaw one of the highest mountains in England, inbetween these two features sits the quaint town of Keswick where we will be based.
On this weekender, we’ll be exploring the very best photography locations, from some of Britain’s most sublime, dramatic landscapes to tranquil sunsets lakeside . This is a weekend of early rises to catch the best light and late nights in the local pub. But it’s all going to be nice and relaxing, as we’ll be snapping against the sound of sheep bleating and water flowing.
This weekender will be focused primarily on landscape, wildlife and location photography. You’ll gain invaluable skills that can be used to build your portfolio or progress your general photography skill-set.
- Shoot landscapes around Derwent Water at the very heart of the Lake district
- Stunning views up and down Borrowdale
- Woodland, caves, an old quarry . . .
- Walk over Low Rigg to the small but beautifully formed Tewet Tarn
- Take amazing panoramas
- Capture shots of sublime sunsets
We recommend train travel from London to Penrith
5 April, depart London Euston 13:30 - Arrive Penrith 16:30 (no changes)
7 April, depart Penrith 16:22 - Arrive London Euston 20:04 (1 change)
The tutor Nick will meet you and drive you to your hotel in Keswick
- Road travel around the Lake District
- Stunning locations for landscapes
- Evening photo feedback sessions
- Crafted itinerary for locations, great restaurants and pubs!
- As always with Frui, tutors will organise everything for you and cater for your every need
There will be plenty of walking involved over the weekend on uneven terrain so bring your backpack, walking boots and ensure you are at a suitable fitness level.
9 – 11 August 2019 – £399 £300 Belfast & Giants Causeway Weekender
6 – 8 September 2019 – £200 Suffolk Summer Sketching Weekender
13 – 15 September 2019 – £350 £210 Industrial Swansea & Glorious Gower Weekender
11 – 13 October 2019 – £350 £210 Ross and Wye Valley Weekender
9 – 11 Aug 2019 Book Now
*Belfast & Giants Causeway Weekender
6 – 8 Sep 2019 Book Now
*Suffolk Summer Sketching Weekender
13 – 15 Sep 2019 Book Now
* Industrial Swansea & Glorious Gower Weekender
11 – 13 Oct 2019 Book Now
*Ross and Wye Valley Weekender
“Young, cool, funny and enthusiastic organisers”