Seascapes and the Solent
Sharpen up your seascape photography skills on our newest ‘Amazing One-Off Wonder’! Don your eye patch because we’re going to be getting all piratical. Based in the Hamble, the sailing capital of the UK, you’ll be invited aboard the good ship Frui to capture stunning shots of the Isle of Wight and the Solent from the water!
When: Friday 12th Sept – Sunday 14th Sept
Where: Hamble-le-Rice, Hampshire
Who’s the tutor? James Dean Diamond (that’s his real name!)
The cost: £380 per person
The cost includes:
- All photography tuition
- 2 nights accommodation
- 2 beautifully cooked full English breakfasts
- Private boat trips around the Isle of Wight and the Solent
- Stunning landscapes and locations
- Lunches and dinners
- Transport to and from the Hamble
What you’ll learn: You will have the opportunity to improve your seascape photography skills, increase your understanding of exposure, reading light, composition and how to pull in a sheet or two! As well as:
- How to shoot epic seascapes
- How to document a journey
- How to get interesting images of port towns and villages
- How to use photoshop to improve seascapes
- How to sail!
Accommodation: B&B in Hamble (some rooms may have shared bathrooms)
*Please note that this itinerary is subject to change depending on the sea state*
- Meet in the local pub
- Dinner at the River Rat Cellar & Kitchen
Boat: J109 a 35ft race/ curser sailing boat. The boat has cabins and a toilet.
- Early rise!
- Breakfast en route to the boat
- Hoist sails and head down to take photographs of the ‘The Needles’ a row of three distinctive stacks of chalk that rise out of the sea off the western extremity of the Isle of Wight
- Stop in the port town of Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight to explore and have lunch.
- Sail back to Hamble in the afternoon, have a go at sailing for those who want to!
- Sunset shoot on Hamble point, overlooking the Solent
- Dinner the ‘Bugle’ Pub
Boat: 300 HP 15ft rib (Todays boat will be a bit faster!)
- Leisurely breakfast
- Head down to boat
- High speed tour of the Solent
- Head up the River Medina past the historic port town of Cowes on the Isle of Wight
- Sunday lunch in the ‘Folly’ up the river.
- Head back to Hamble
- Taxi’s back to Train Station
Email Kirsty to book your place!