Lewes Bonfire Festival EventAs UK’s largest and most famous Bonfire Night festivity, Lewes holds an orgy of fire and flame every 5th November. More than 30 different ‘bonfire societies’ make processions through the town’s ancient narrow streets. Each society then hold a bonfire, followed by a firework display. Vikings, cavaliers, smugglers and devils make this parade a riot of elaborate costumes, all holding flaming torches and creating a truly photographic spectacle.
Health and safety nightmare, yes! So this is not for the faint hearted. However this is world's greatest bonfire festival and sure to make some fantastic images!
**We have a few rooms booked in Lewes for the night of the 5 November, so book soon to get a place!**
- Transport to the town has yet to be confirmed- it's possible that there will be no trains into Lewes after midday, so come as early as possible.
Lunch in Lewes and an introductory photography lesson
- Afterwards we'll head out into the streets and take photographs as the atmosphere builds in the town
- `Check in to hotels and B&Bs
- As night falls and the parades set off, we'll be there capturing portraits and action shots
- After that we'll head to a pre-booked restaurant for some dinner
Head back out to one of the society's bonfire sites to see the MASSIVE bonfires and the burning of the huge beautifully crafted effigies. Who will it be this year?
- Drink and enjoy atmosphere!
- Back to our acommodation in the town
- Late Brunch with your tutors and a review of images from the previous night
- Train back home
- Tuition and worksheets for the event
- Frui's knowledge of the best areas to shoot from
- Tickets and entry to one of the society's firework displays
AccommodationAs getting in or out of Lewes between around 2pm on Monday and 2am on Tuesday is likely to be impossible, we highly recommend booking accommodation in the town. We can help you do this, but it will need to be done early as rooms book up very far in advance. Thee could well be a lot of walking!
TravelDepending on trains we will either meet in Lewes, or in Brighton and transfer to Lewes by car from there. This will be confirmed when train details for the event are released.
5 – 7 April 2019 – £399 £299 Lake District Photography Weekender
12 – 14 April 2019 – £350 £250 Goth, Castles and the North Yorkshire Moors Weekender
4 – 6 May 2019 – £299 £199 Jack In The Green Weekender, Hastings
19 May 2019 – £399 £299 Thames Estuary, Redsand Towers and Shipwrecks Weekender
28 – 30 June 2019 – £350 £250 Anglesey Photography Weekender
9 – 11 August 2019 – £399 Belfast & Giants Causeway Weekender
13 – 15 September 2019 – £350 £250 Industrial Swansea & Glorious Gower Weekender
11 – 13 October 2019 – £350 £250 Ross and Wye Valley Weekender
5 – 7 Apr 2019 Book Now
*Lake District Photography Weekender
12 – 14 Apr 2019 Book Now
*Goth, Castles and the North Yorkshire Moors Weekender
4 – 6 May 2019 Book Now
*Jack In The Green Weekender, Hastings
19 May 2019 Book Now
*Thames Estuary, Redsand Towers and Shipwrecks Weekender
28 – 30 Jun 2019 Book Now
*Anglesey Photography Weekender
9 – 11 Aug 2019 Book Now
*Belfast & Giants Causeway Weekender
13 – 15 Sep 2019 Book Now
* Industrial Swansea & Glorious Gower Weekender
11 – 13 Oct 2019 Book Now
*Ross and Wye Valley Weekender
“The tutors bounce with enthusiasm at all times, but are also both experienced art teachers, academics and artists themselves.”