Lake District Weekender
Take a break from the rat race and join Cumbrian photography guru Nick Landells in the Lake District for a weekend of landscape, lagers and learning!
On this weekender, we’ll be exploring the very best photography locations, from Britain’s most sublime views and quintessential villages. This is a weekend of early rises to catch the best light and late nights in the local pub. But it’s all going to be nice and relaxing, as we’ll be snapping against the sound of sheep bleating and chickens clucking.
This weekender will be focused primarily on landscape, wildlife and location photography. You’ll gain invaluable skills that can be used to build your portfolio or progress your general photography skill-set.
Over the course of the weekend, we will see and do the following:
- Shoot landscapes around Lake Windermere
- Witness the breathtaking views over Kirkstone Pass
- Shoot Aira Force waterfalls
- Take shots of St James’ Church, Staveley
- Practice our architectural shots at Kendal Castle
- Take panoramas around Potters Tarn
- Capture shots of Kentmere Valley
For this weekender we will be staying at The Willowsmere, Ambleside Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1ES. Once you have confirmed your weekender booking with Frui, we recommend you book directly with The Willowsmere for your accommodation.
We recommend train travel from London Euston to Windermere (with 1 change at Oxenholme).
6 April, depart London Euston 13.30, arrive Windermere 16.43 (via Oxenholme).
8 April, depart Windermere 15.58, arrive London Euston 19.10 (via Oxenholme).
The Willowsmere is a short taxi ride from the station.
- All photography tuition & handouts
- Road travel around the Lake District
- Stunning sourced locations for landscapes
- Evening photo feedback sessions
- Crafted itinerary for locations and great restaurants
- As always with Frui, tutors will organise everything for you and cater for your every need.
There will be plenty of walking involved over the weekend on uneven terrain so bring walking boots and ensure you are at a suitable fitness level.